The technology profiles were authored and developed by multiple researchers, with technical support from Cultural Practice, LLC.
The Integrating Gender and Nutrition within Agricultural Extension Services (INGENAES) project works to improve agricultural livelihoods focusing on strengthening extension and advisory services to empower and engage smallholder farmers, men and women. The technology profiles support INGENAES’s goal of improving the dissemination of gender-appropriate and nutrition-enhancing technologies and inputs to improve women’s agricultural productivity and enhance household nutrition. The technology profiles identify issues and opportunities to make technologies more attractive for men and women farmers, to increase men’s and women’s benefits from using technologies, and to design distribution models for extension agents, input suppliers, and mobile devices to get the technologies into men’s and women’s hands.
Cultural Practice, LLC provided technical input for the technology profiles. The technology profiles were developed during the piloting phase for the Technology Assessment Toolkit.
Access the profiles here:
- Rice Processing (Sierra Leone 2017)
- Mini-Tiller (Nepal 2017)
- Fish Feed (Sierra Leone 2017)
- Fertilizer Deep Placement (Bangladesh 2016)
- Aflasafe (Zambia 2016)
- CSISA Pond and Gardening (Bangladesh 2016)
- Digital Fat Tester (Bangladesh 2016)
- Langstroth Beehive (Bangladesh 2016)
- PICS (Purdue Improved Crop Storage) Bags (Zambia 2016)
- Treadle Pump (Zambia 2016)